Americans spend millions of dollars on 4th July!
We celebrate our nation’s independence day in the most American way possible and that is by spending lots of money. Be it on food, shopping or fireworks. We love to follow the traditional norms of barbecues, the American flag, and a lot of fireworks.
During the earlier days, 4th July was one of the critical days for small retail businesses. They used to plan for months for this big day. Planning up inventories, managing the staff and the crowd was a tedious task unlike now when a single point of sales system handles it all in just a few clicks.
Are you a business owner?
Look around you, be it a coffee shop, sandwich shop, grocery store or a spa and beauty salon; almost every street has one. My point is, there is competition. You have to always be on your toes to bring something new to the clients.
With 4th July around, are you wondering how are you going to manage your business and how will you cope up with the heavy competition around? Well this independence day, I have some handful tips to sustain and grow your business.
- Create a theme: Well foremost and the most important task is to build a background theme around your business. I personally believe in going the classic ways in this tech-savvy era that is by involving your entire team to contribute their thoughts. So, loosen up the work environment for few hours, discuss this with your team over a coffee or beer and create a theme and list of agendas.
- Make them feel independent: As we know it’s independence day, so let’s make our clients feel that. On this 4th July, let’s serve the feeling of independence. Now, you must be wondering, how can we serve independence? It’s simple, with goodies and discounts.
Let’s not make everything business oriented, we can focus on being patriotic and creating awareness for a good cause. Speak with your team, what good cause will they like to work on and how can you implement all these great ideas? I know with the cutting budget it sounds all unrealistic. Well, not really, try with something as small as giving some part of the earnings from 4th July as a donation or maybe distributing small brochures with the information and importance about the day to children visiting.
- Encourage flags: Flags are always the favorite part of the entire celebration. It gives us the feeling of pride and happiness. You can keep a surprise gift or discount for customers who visit you with flags with them on 4th July. You can promote this on social media and I am sure this will give some unpredicted contribution.
- Photo contest: We are blessed with social media and its impact on our clients is unimaginable. Plan up some small contest like discounts or goodies on posting their photos with the products. You can get as creative as you want. Use Instagram hashtags, tagging feature on Facebook and much more. You can use Twitter to promote such offers and fun things as well.
- Must haves on POS: There will be clients in your spa who would have planned for this day and this pampering session since months and I believe you should be fully prepared to provide the best of your service. Plan and introduce new special 4th July packages and schemes and place them right there on your POS screen. Talk about your special product of the day and its benefits. We are into impulsive shopping era. We love the idea of pampering, and special offers excite us.
It is very important to have a good pos system. IConnect POS offers a wide range of pos customized for your business. They specialize in POS system for Salons, Spas, retail, QSR and have a wide range of features.
- Handouts: This may sound old school again, but we should never underestimate the power of classic marketing. The first thought we get thinking about 4th July is a parade. Focus on making the best of every opportunity you get to do good for the society and directly or indirectly, it will be reflected in your business. Distribute small samples of your product based on demographics or maybe just water. It will be a sunny day and idea of distributing any cold beverage works best.
Get creative, look beyond the regular ideas and agendas you normally plan.
Play with the numbers. Introduce discounts based on the year, day etc. for instance, cell phone numbers ending with the numeric 74 gets a discount and so on. There may be thousands of articles and ideas on managing and planning your big day, but, it depends on you and your team to find originality and connect with your audience by selecting wisely of which plan suits best for your business.